15th October 2021
Do not be afraid: God Knows and God Cares
“Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than,
• Sparrows are very common birds, very small and insignificant creatures, worth very little yet they matter to God, Jesus says. People may regard them as worth nothing but as far as God is concerned they are extremely valuable.
• God knows us minutely. "Even the hairs of your head are all numbered." He knows us better than we know ourselves. He has counted and named every hair, even though they are of little value. And not one of them falls to the ground apart from our Father's will
• In other words, whatever is going on in the world, in every place, at all times, everywhere, God knows all about it. Everything that happens – God knows and God cares. Nothing that happens to us escapes him.
• We should then not worry, for:
1. God knows us perfectly
2. God governs our lives and the world minutely
3. God cares for us with fatherly concern.
• "If you, then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him" Matthew 7:11.
• Our Father in heaven loves us deeply, knows us fully, and governs us completely, provides for us generously and therefore, everything that befalls us is for our good.
• God knows every instance of Human suffering.
God is there. God cares.
- We may be sick and in pain.
- We may be worried about the safety of our children when they are away from us.
- We may be afraid of what the future will bring our children.
- We may be worried about our jobs and our businesses
- We may be worried about our finances
- There may be tensions and various challenges at home.
- We may have difficult decisions to make.
- We may be finding it hard to see the way ahead.
- We may have spiritual problems, may be some prayers not answered yet.
• Whatever our situation. Whatever our problems: God is there. God knows. God cares.
God is with us. God understands and God can help: “Lord…You are all around me on every side; You protect me with your power.” Psalm 139:5
• Trusting in God banishes fear: "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe" Proverbs 18:10.
• When we feel lonely and totally abandoned, when it seems that our prayers are unanswered, when everything seems hopeless, God knows and God cares.
• Whatever trouble or crisis is affecting your life, what a joy it is, to know that God knows your troubles better than you even know yourself.
• Even when you think that no one else cares, it’s good to know that God cares. What a release from fear it is to know that God is on your side; that your life is in the hands of a loving Father and he will make sure that everything happens according to his loving plan for you.
"Trust in the Lord. Have faith, do not despair. Trust in the