On the first and second Sundays of the month, we usually offer our tithe to the Lord. Today being the Second Sunday, you are invited to make your offering by bringing your tithe envelopes to the Sanctuary for blessings. Our Parish Tithe Mpesa Pay bill No. is 867165.
2. The Lenten season shall begin with Ash Wednesday Celebrations on 14th February 2024. The mass program for that day will be:
i. Ridgeways - 7:00 am, 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm
ii. Muringa - 5.30pm
iii. Huruma - 5.30 pm
iv. Karura - 1:00pm
3. The Ash Wednesday morning Mass (7:00 am) will be animated by the daily Mass group, Lunchtime Mass (1.00 pm) and the evening Mass (6:00 pm) by Young Adults and the liturgical group. The Priest’s Office will remain closed on that day.
4. We shall have a special collection during Ash Wednesday Mass, the collection is used to finance Justice and Peace activities at the Diocesan and National level. Kindly give generously.
5. The Way of the Cross is every Friday of Lent at 5.30 pm followed by Holy Mass. This coming Friday,(16/02/2024), it will be animated by the Charismatic Group.
6. During the forty days of lent we shall have “THE WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE” with daily Eucharistic adoration and guided meditation, every Monday to Friday (6 am-7 am) and Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) (6.30 am-7.30 am) followed by Mass.
7. Priests will be available for confessions every day of Lent after morning Mass at the confession box.
8. The CMA Formation Classes are ongoing. The classes take place every Sunday after the 10.00 am Mass at St. Joseph Hall.
9. Today is “World Marriage Day”. We will have a renewal of matrimonial vows (for those wedded in church) in all Masses.
10. Sacred Heart Devotion will hold their classes today 11th February 2024 after the 10 am Mass at the Immaculate Conception Hall. New members are most welcome.
11. The parish would like to engage choir trainers. Those interested are requested to send their applications and other relevant documents to the Fr in Charge/parish Priest OLR by 1st March 2024. A letter of recommendation from one's Parish Priest is mandatory.
12. Infant Baptism will take place on Saturday, 23rdMarch 2024, at 10.00 am here in the church. 3 Baptismal instruction classes will precede it for the Parents and godparents. Classes will begin on Saturday 2nd March 2024, at 2.00 pm at St. Maria Goretti Hall. Kindly register at the Parish Tent or the Parish Office.
13. Caritas Self Help Group will be having Education Day on 2nd March 2024 at 2 pm here at the parish. It will be an event focused on learning about CaritasNairobi vision of socio-economic Empowerment. This gathering is an excellent opportunity for members to network, learn, and gain valuable insights into financial management, community building, and personal growth. It's also a great chance to meet fellow members and strengthen our bonds. Attendance is mandatory for all members. The management committee also take this opportunity to invite you to join our self-help group under Caritas Nairobi. Kindly visit the information desk and pick up the application forms or visit our offices.
14. MYM Registration is currently ongoing.
15. Youth Serving Christ continues to meet for Formation Classes every Sunday at Aula Santa Maria after the noon Mass.
16. YSC will have a Bake Sale on Sunday, 25th February after every Mass to raise money for a Charity Drive in March. Kindly support them.
17. YCA February activities.
• Our monthly meeting will be today Sunday the 11th of Feb at 1:30 (after the noon mass)
• YCA will also host the Kabete Deanery youth opening mass on Saturday the 17th starting 8:30am. Our main celebrant of the day will be Fr. Victor(ADN youth chaplain) all YCA members are invited to attend and participate.
• This will be followed by a team building on the 24th of this month. More details on this will be shared in the groups' subsequent meetings and official platforms.
18. The church is organizing training of lectors and ushers in our parish. Those interested in this ministryare encouraged to register at the tent outside the church or the Parish office during weekdays. All Small Christian Communities are called upon to register their members for this important training. Dates for the same will be communicated.
19. Marriage Banns: for the first time. We announce marriage between Peter Absolom Mwangi and Martha Njeri. Absolom is son to the late Hiram Wainaina and the Late Prisilla Njeri. He hails from Gacoco village, Murang’a diocese. Martha is daughter to Peter Mbugua Njuguna and Hannah Wangui Mbugua. She hails from Komothai Village, Miguta Parish Githunguri.
20. Marriage Banns: for the Second time.
We announce marriage between Peter Kairu Kamunyaand Emmah Wangithi. Peter is son to the lateJoseph Kamunya and Beth Wanjiru. Emmah is daughter to Fredrick Muriuki and the late Lucy Wambui.
Should there be any reason that the above should not wed, do not hesitate to consult the Father In Charge.
21. Mass for St. Bridget Daughters of Christ Mass will be celebrated on Thursday 15th February 2024, at 5.30 pm.
22. Mass for St. Jude SCC will be celebrated on Thursday 15th February 2024, at 7.00 pm.
23. Mass for St. Stephen SCC will be celebrated on Thursday 15th February 2024, at 7.00 pm.
24. House blessings for St. Monica SCC will be celebrated on Saturday 17th February 2024, from 9.00 am.
Next Sunday’s Mass Animation
● 1st Mass: St. Claire SCC
● 2nd Mass St. Mary’s School – Runda
● 3rd Mass: Blessed Irene SCC.