1. Every First and Second Sunday of the month, we normally offer our tithe to the Lord. Next Sunday, 3rd December 2023, will be the first Tithe Sunday, we will present our tithe at the Sanctuary for blessings. Tithe envelopes are available at the tithe boxes at the Church pillars and at the Church Tent. Our Parish Tithe Mpesa Paybill Number is 867165.
2. Friday 1st December 2023, is the 1st Friday of the month. We will have Eucharistic Adoration and Sacred Heart of Jesus Devotion starting at 6.00 am followed by Holy Mass at 7.00 am and confessions after Mass.
3. Seminarian Antony Makau will be ordained to the Order of Diaconate on the 2nd of December 2023 at the Holy Family Basilica at 10 a.m. All are welcome.
4. Infant Baptism instruction classes for both parents and godparents are ongoing. Infant baptisms will take place on Saturday 2nd December 2023 at 10.00 am here in the church.
5. Our Parish wishes to establish a ministry for young couples. In this regard, all young couples who have lived together for 15 years and below are invited to register themselves outside the church or in the Parish office. They will have an introductory meeting on 3rd December 2023 from 11.30 am - 1 pm at the Assumption Hall. Please note that this ministry welcomes all young couples regardless of whether or not they have solemnised their marriage.
6. Registration for the Sacred Heart group is ongoing at the Tent outside the Church, and in the Parish Office during the week. Classes will begin on 10th December 2023.
7. St Francis Community Hospital invites us for a Specialist medical camp at the hospital in Kasarani from 29th November 2023 to 2nd December 2023. Those interested are most welcome and for more information kindly visit the tent outside the Church.
8. Next Sunday 3rd December 2023, we will have a guest speaker during all Masses to share some insights on Self-awareness for 15mins only. We are all encouraged to be in attendance.
9. St. Mary’s School – Runda along Kiambu Road is a girls' boarding school under the management of the Assumption Sisters of Nairobi. It is a Catholic School offering CBC and 8-4-4 curriculum. Form 1 intake is ongoing, form 2 & 3 has a few openings and intake for Daycare, Playgroup, PP1 & PP2 is ongoing. For more information, kindly get a flier at the tent outside the Church.
Ø PMC’s Christmas Carols programme is ongoing. The programme runs every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday up to 9th December 2023 from 1 pm - 5 pm. This will climax with a Christmas concert on 10th December 2023. We encourage all children between the ages of 3yrs to 13yrs to participate.
Ø PMC children's online registration is still ongoing. Kindly scan the QR code at the tent outside the church to register all your children aged between 1 year to 13 years.
11. To inculcate the culture of reading, the Parish has started a library for the PMC and MYM children. To make this project a success we appeal for children's story books and Bibles, youth story books, and motivational and general knowledge books. The books can be dropped off at the church office any day of the week. You can also make your donation in cash by sending your cash donation to Tithe pay bill: 867165: Account: “Book Donations”
12. Young Catholic Adults (YCA) will hold their monthly meeting today at the Immaculate Hall after the 10 am Mass. YCA is a group of young professionals aged between 27 to 35 years. For more information about the group kindly visit the tent outside the Church.
13. THE MYM HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES:
a The MYM Deanery Festivals will be held on 3rd December 2023 at Consolata Shrine. Practice is every Saturday from 2 pm to 4 pm.
b The MYM will have a Charity event on 9th December 2023. Details to follow.
c The MYM Mass is every Sunday at 10 am at St Joseph Hall
d The MYM Parents Seminar is taking place today at St Joseph after the 10am Mass.
14. End of the year party and Mass for Blessed Irene SCC will be celebrated on Saturday 2nd December 2023, at 2.00 pm.
15. End of the year party and Mass for St. Teresa of Calcutta will be celebrated on Saturday 2nd December 2023, at 10 am.
16. Marriage Banns: for the second time. We announce the marriage between Edwin Mwenda Kinoti and Mercy Ngugi Mwirigi. Edwin is the son to Salafino Kinoti Arimi and Lillian Nkatha Kinoti. Mercy is the daughter to Charles Mwirigi and Jane Kinanu.
17. Marriage Banns: for the Third time. We announce the marriage between Dennis Kihumba and Caroline Kaaria. Dennis is the son to Simon Kihumba and Nelly Kihumba. Caroline is the daughter to Fredrick Kaaria and Christine Gakii.
18. Marriage Banns: for the Third time. We announce the marriage between Charles Nyuri Nyagah and Wilder Kerubo Ondieki. Charles is the son to Andrew Nyagah and Mary Wanjiru Joshua. Wilder is the daughter to Joseph Ondieki and Clemensiah Ondieki.
Should there be any reason that the above should not wed, do not hesitate to consult the Father in Charge.
Next Sunday’s Mass Animation
v 1st Mass: St. Augustine Runda SCC.
v 2nd Mass St Michael the Archangel Edenville SCC
3rd Mass:Catholic Men Association.