1. On the first and second Sundays of the month, we usually offer our tithe to the Lord. Today being the first Sunday of August, You are invited to make your offering, by bringing your tithe envelopes to the Sanctuary for blessings. Our Parish Tithe Mpesa Pay bill No. is 867165.
2. Fr. will visit the sick, homebound and the elderly on Thursday 10th August 2023, from 9.00 am. Kindly register at the tent outside the Church.
3. Infants Baptism will take place on Saturday, 16th September 2023, at 10.00 am. It will be preceded by 3 Baptismal instruction classes for the Parents and godparents. Kindly register at the Parish tent, all other details are in the registration form. Classes will begin on 26th August 2023, at 2.00 pm at St. Maria Goretti Hall.
4. PMC Charity Drive
Our Lady of Rosary Ridgeways PMC children will hold their annual charity event on 12th August 2023 to assist the less fortunate children and needy families in our Parish. The children are appealing for support from parents, Jumuiyas and well-wishers, to accomplish this noble mission which is a key pillar of PMC formation. Kindly donate dry food, clothes, kids' shoes and drop the items at the church. Alternatively, you can make donations through PMC Jumuiya representatives or the church Paybill: 684456. Account: PMC Charity.
5. “Parents with infants are reminded we have a special room for them at Aula Santa Maria building, ground floor, “Mother of God” room. Kindly make use of the room.
6. There will be a Parish retreat with prayers of healing and deliverance from 17th to 19th August 2023 led by a visiting Priest Fr James Burasa. The retreat will start at 9 am and end with mass at 4 pm. Kindly purpose to attend.
7. MYM ANNOUNCEMENT.
We have lined a few activities for the MYM for this month of August as follows:
a. 13th August 2023 - MYM Leadership Seminar from 11.30 am to 1 pm
b. 19th August 2023 - Deanery Rosary Hike to ngong hills
c. 20th August 2023 -Mass and seminar for MYM and their parents at 9.30 am.
d. 22nd to 25th August 2023 - Holiday camp - 9 am to 2 pm
e. 26th August 2023 - Rehearsals for the talent show and noon mass animation at 2 pm
f. 27th August 2023...
●Animation of noon mass.
●youth talent show after mass
g. Bake sale.
8. The Young Catholic Adults (YCA) will be conducting a recruitment drive for all its members. All persons between the ages of 27 and 35 fall into this category. Those who are interested are requested to register at the Parish tent after mass.
9. The Youth Serving Christ (YSC) will be conducting a recruitment drive for all its members. All persons between the ages of 19 and 26 fall into this category. Those who are interested are requested to register at the Parish tent after mass.
10. First Holy Communion for those who have been attending Catechism classes since April last year will be administered on 20/8/2023. The preparation schedule is as follows:
1. Candidates in Day Schools (who have been attending Catechism classes on Sundays) will meet on 6th and 13th August at 10 am
· Will come for the exam on Friday 18/8/2023 at 8.30 am
· Will come for confessions on Saturday 19/8/2023 at 8.30 am
2.Candidates in Boarding Schools
· will come for classes from Monday 14/8/2023 to Thursday 17/8/2023 starting from 9 am to 1 pm
· will come for the exam on Friday 18/8/2023 at 9 am
· will come for Confessions on Saturday 19/8/2023 at 9 am
The candidates to be baptized will be baptized on Saturday 19/8/2023. They will come with their parents and godparents
11. Marriage Banns: for the Third time. We announce the marriage between Kelvin John Obade and Victoria Anita Namala. Kelvin is the son to Henry Philip Obade and Mary Ibayo Obade. Anita is the daughter to Charles Noah Muyira and Rosemary Naite Muyira.
12. Marriage Banns: for the Third time. We announce the marriage between Kennedy Mutua Ndunda and Doreen Ngonyo Njoroge. Kennedy is the son to Patrick Mutua Ndunda and Joyce Kasiva Mutua. Doreen is the daughter to Stephen Njoroge Gwandaru and Agnes Wangari Njoroge.
Should there be any reason that the above should not wed, do not hesitate to consult the Father In Charge.
13. Mass for St. Augustine SCC will be celebrated on Wednesday 9th August 2023, at 7.00 pm
14. Mass for St. Monica SCC will be celebrated on Wednesday 9th August 2023, at 7.00 pm
15. Mass for St. Ann SCC will be celebrated on Thursday 10th August 2023, at 7.00 pm.
16. Mass for St. Teresa of Calcutta SCC will be celebrated on Thursday 10th August 2023, at 7.00 pm.
17. Mass for St. Raphael SCC will be celebrated on Saturday 12th August 2023, at 4.00 pm.
Next Sunday’s Mass Animation
1st Mass : St. Augustine SCC
2nd Mass : St. Claire SCC
3rd Mass : St. Michael the Archangel SCC