1. On the first and second Sundays of the month, we usually offer our tithe to the Lord. Today being the second Sunday, you are invited to make your offering, by bringing your tithe envelopes to the Sanctuary for blessings. Our Parish Tithe Mpesa Pay bill No. is 867165.
2. Tuesday (10/10/2023) is a public Holiday. Mass will be at 8.00 a.m. There will be no evening mass.
3. October is the month of the Holy Rosary. We are all encouraged to pray the Rosary in our homes, in Small Christian Communities, and as individuals.
4. Family Day:
a. Our Parish Family Day is scheduled for Saturday 14th October, 2023, starting with Mass at 9.30 am. This year’s theme is, “Our Lady: A Model of Faith, Hope And Love”
i. We started our novena on 5th October 2023 to pray for our Parish and the family day. The novena prayers start at 6.00 a.m. to 7.00 a.m. with Daily Eucharistic Adoration and guided meditation, followed by Mass. It is also being posted on our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02TDYZwRCFrn4SNhQpAbZJjSRGRARn5nwY8vYPPLp6HXTvUkTnpTpN8cWHFts9C6xil&id=100069054159528&mibextid=qC1gEa You are all welcome to pray with us.
c. We welcome you all to attend this Thanksgiving Day together as the Family of Our Lady of the Rosary. We shall have the Commissioning of CWA new members and the sacrament of confirmation on that day.
i. We also welcome you to participate in our annual donation drive to support the needy in our society. Donations of dry food and clothes can be dropped at Blessed Irene Hall during the week except Mondays. Cash donations are also welcome. You can send your cash donation through our Paybill no.
God bless you as you plan to give and to attend.
e. Parking and Security Announcement. As we approach our Family Day celebrations, kindly note the below communication on Security and Parking arrangements:
i. Security will be enhanced all around the parking areas with additional armed traffic officers and KK guards. Kindly cooperate with them as they serve us.
· Ensure you lock your vehicle, wind up the windows and recheck that the vehicle is indeed locked.
ii. Additional parking will be available in the following areas:
· Inside Ciata Mall, the rear side of Ciata Mall from the mall location up to the Father’s house and further up to the junction at Evergreen Runda, inside the vineyard, outside Ridgeview Leisure Garden (the frontage and rear) all on Kiambu Road.
· The rear parking lot which is accessible from Evergreen will also be available.
· No parking will be available inside the Church compound and outside on the side of Kiambu Road. Kindly accord the security team all the support and follow their instructions. God bless you as you plan to give and to attend
5. Candidates receiving the sacrament of Confirmation on Saturday, 14/10/2023 are reminded that they’ll do their confessions today from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 am then attend the noon Mass. After the noon Mass, they will have half an hour of rehearsals. We request the parents to pay special attention to this.
6. The Charismatic group wishes to announce that there will be a life-in-the-spirit seminar to be held in our Parish from 15/10/2023 to 3/12/2023. This seminar will run consecutively every Sunday from 2 p.m. for two hours. Those willing to attend are kindly requested to register at the church tent outside the Church.
7. PMC will hold a special mass dedicated to all candidates sitting for their KCPE & KPSEA National Examinations. This mass will be celebrated on Sunday 15th October 2023 at 10 am at Maria Goretti Hall. Parents of the candidates are encouraged to join their children.
8. The Ministry of Health (Nairobi County) has an ongoing polio Vaccination Campaign (7th – 11th October 2023) targeting children under 5 years of age.
9. Marriage Banns: for the second time. We announce the marriage between Kevin Kibutu and Susan Wangui. Kevin is the son to James Karomo Kariba and Esther Wangari Njarumi. Susan is the daughter to Margaret Wangeci Ndiritu and the late Titus Ndiritu Gichuki.
Should there be any reason that the above should not wed, do not hesitate to consult the Father in Charge.
10. Mass for St. Monica SCC will be celebrated on Wednesday 11th October 2023, at 7.00 p.m.
11. Mass for St. Augustine SCC will be celebrated on Wednesday 11th October 2023, at 7.00 p.m.
12. Mass for St. Ann SCC will be celebrated on Thursday 12th October 2023, at 7.00 p.m.
13. Mass for St. Teresa of Calcutta SCC will be celebrated on Thursday 12th October 2023, at 7.00 p.m.
14. Fr. Tony Amissah will be with us on Sunday the 22nd of October 2023 in order to say goodbye as he heads to his new station.
Next Sunday’s Mass Animation
v 1st Mass: St. Joseph SCC.
v 2nd Mass CWA Group
v 3rd Mass: Bible Study Group